Corey Ira Cohen
Corey Cohen is a former public defender and state prosecutor for the 18th and 5th judicial circuit of Florida. He received his law degree from Barry University School of Law and his Masters of Law in Intercultural Human Rights from St. Thomas University School of Law.
After graduating from Barry, Corey was employed by the Public Defender's Office where he represented criminal defendants in hundreds of cases. Later in this career, Corey accepted an appointment with the State Attorney's Office where he prosecuted criminal cases. In his experience with both the Public Defender's office and as a State Attorney he has managed thousands of cases from arraignment to jury trial. Corey will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
He is available for all Federal and State charges.
His experience includes cases of drug possession, DUI/DWI, driving while license suspended, violation of probation, fraud, burglary, misdemeanors, juvenile, grand theft, felony battery, and robbery with a firearm; just to name a few.
AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Corey Cohen holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the leading nationwide legal directory for ranking the abilities of all attorneys and law firms throughout the United States. His AV rating, based on the confidential opinions of other local attorneys and local judges who are best suited to assess Corey's legal abilities, signifies the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell both in terms of legal ability and ethics. The Martindale-Hubbell legal directory is commonly referred to as "the Yellow Pages for attorneys", and its attorney ratings have been relied upon for over a century by attorneys and judges alike.
Corey Cohen is also an adjunct professor at Kaplan University where he teaches courses in Business Law and Legal Ethics.
He was elected as the 2016 president-elect of the Seminole County Bar Association.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2004
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- Masters of Law
- Major: Intercultural
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: Political Science
- DUI Defense
- Domestic Violence Battery
- Federal Charges
- Drug Charges
- Internet/Sex Crimes
Honors and Awards
- AVVO Clients' Choice Award, 2015
- Selected as a Rising Star with Super Lawyers 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Super Lawyers Rising Stars are the best attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Star list.
- Martindale AV Rated
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, Client Satisfaction Award, Ten Best
- AVVO Top 5% Attorney, 2015
- AVVO Rated Superb 10.0, 2015
- "10 Best" 2014-2015 2 Years Client Satisfaction in Florida, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- AVVO Clients' Choice - DUI, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President-elect of the Seminole County Bar Association, 2016
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Volie A. Williams Inns of Court Seminole County, Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Seminole County Bar Association, Treasure
- Seminole County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Seminole County Bar Association, 2005 - 2013
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2005 - 2013
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- 18th and 5th Judicial Circuit of Florida, Former Public Defender and State Prosecutor
- Office of the Public Defender, 2003 - 2004
- Office of the State Attorney, 2004 - 2005