Corey I. Cohen
888-390-8937 (Toll Free)
Corey Cohen is a former public defender and state prosecutor for the 18th and 5th judicial circuit of Florida. He received his law degree from Barry University School of Law and his Masters of Law in Intercultural Human Rights from St. Thomas University School of Law.
After graduating from Barry, Corey was employed by the Public Defender's Office where he represented criminal defendant's in hundreds of cases. Later in this career, Corey accepted an appointment with the State Attorney's Office where he prosecuted criminal cases. In his experience with both the Public Defender's office and as a State Attorney he has managed thousands of cases from arraignment to jury trial. Corey will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
He is available for all Federal and State charges.
His experience includes cases of drug possession, DUI/DWI, driving while license suspended, violation of probation, fraud, burglary, misdemeanors, juvenile, grand theft, felony battery, and robbery with a firearm; just to name a few.
Corey Cohen is also an adjunct professor at Kaplan University where he teaches courses in Business Law and Legal Ethics.
Corey Cohen is a member of the following organizations:
- Florida Bar Association
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- Volie A. Williams Inns of Court Seminole County
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Officer of the Seminole County Bar Association
Please CLICK HERE to view my ABC Interview regarding the Florida My Space Teen Beating case.
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions -- Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crimes
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Traffic Violations
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- Masters of Law
- Major: Intercultural
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- DUI Defense
- Domestic Violence Battery
- Federal Charges
- Drug Charges
- Internet/Sex Crimes
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Rising Star with SuperLawyers 2011 and 2012. SuperLawyers Rising stars are the best attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Volie A. Williams Inns of Court Seminole County, Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Seminole County Bar Association, Treasure
- Seminole County Bar Association, Board of Directors
Past Employment Positions
- 18th and 5th Judicial Circuit of Florida, Former Public Defender and State Prosecutor