Individuals accused of lewd or lascivious molestation in Florida, including in Orange and Seminole counties, are often confused about both the severity of the charge and how it differs from lewd or lascivious battery. Generally, lewd or lascivious molestation charges:
- Involve encouraging, enticing or forcing a child younger than 16 to touch another person in a lewd or lascivious manner
- Are less severe than lewd or lascivious battery because they don't involve penetration. Instead, they can involve the intentional lewd or lascivious touching of the breasts, genitals or buttocks of a child younger than 16.
Though less severe than lewd or lascivious battery charges, lewd or lascivious molestation charges can bring harsh legal penalties. Charges can be brought as life felony, second-degree or third-degree felony charges, with consequences ranging from three years to life in prison.
If you have been charged with lewd or lascivious molestation in Orlando or anywhere in central Florida, contact The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen. Attorney Corey I. Cohen has dual criminal law experience, having served extensively as a criminal defense attorney and as a criminal prosecutor. We can thoroughly investigate your case and argue for your innocence or for reduced charges based on mitigating factors such as:
- Are you under 21 years old?
- Was the child the initiator or a willing participant?
- Have you received or will you need specialized treatment for a mental disorder?
Our experience and track record qualify us to provide the effective and results-oriented legal help you need following sex crime charges. For more information, please contact our office.
Contact Us to Speak With a Lawyer
The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen provides free initial consultations, is conveniently located in downtown Orlando across from Lake Eola and offers free parking. Additionally, we accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover, and we offer flexible payment plans. For a no-charge consultation with an experienced Orlando consensual sex defense attorney, call 407-246-0066 or 888-390-8937.