Corey I. Cohen is a former public defender and state prosecutor for the 18th and 5th Judicial Circuits of Florida. As a public defender, he represented criminal defendants in hundreds of cases, and later worked with the State Attorney's Office where he prosecuted criminal cases. He now uses information gained as a defender and prosecutor to build strong cases for his criminal defense clients, having managed thousands of cases from arraignment to jury trial.
Mr. Cohen's considerable experience and his hard work and dedication have led to favorable results for clients charged with many crimes, including drug charges, probation violations, sex crimes, theft, assault and dozens more. He is available for all federal and state charges. We are also able to help with sealing and expungement of criminal records in Florida.
In addition to representing a vast range of clientele, Mr. Cohen has been selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers from 2007 to present, and has obtained an * AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest peer rating for ethics and professionalism. He has also received the following accolades:
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel - Nation's Top One Percent
- President-elect of the Seminole County Bar Association, Inc. — 2016
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award — 2015
- 10 Best Lawyers — 2014-2015, two years Client Satisfaction Award from American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by American Trial Lawyers Association
- Avvo Clients' Choice — DUI, 2014
- Top DUI Attorney 10.0 Superb rating by Avvo
- Avvo 5 percent Attorney, 2015
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member — National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member — Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board Member —Seminole County Bar Association, Inc.
- Treasurer — Seminole County Bar Association, Inc., 2012-2014
Attorney Cohen's experience and track record of success is enhanced by his role as an adjunct legal professor at Kaplan University where he teaches courses in business law and legal ethics. For a no-charge consultation, call 407-246-0066 or 888-390-8937.
Corey Cohen received his law degree from Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law and his Masters of Law (L.L.M) in Intercultural Human Rights from St. Thomas University School of Law.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.