Meet Our Respected Attorneys
Corey I. Cohen is a former public defender, state prosecutor for the 18th and 5th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida and a past president of the Seminole County Bar Association. As a public defender, he represented criminal defendants in hundreds of cases and later worked with the Office of the State Attorney, where he prosecuted criminal cases. He now uses information gained as a defender and prosecutor to build strong cases for the firm’s criminal defense clients, having managed thousands of cases from arraignment to jury trial.
Learn more about him and our other attorneys through their profile links here:
And learn more about our trusted team of paralegals through the links below:
- Elizabeth Roman Damiani
- Nicole R. Smirnova
- Taylor R. Charneco
- Rachel A. Shaw
- Myrna Navely Campos Sanchez
A Record Of Favorable Results And Accolades
Our lawyers’ considerable experience, hard work and dedication have led to favorable results for clients charged with many crimes, including murder, drug charges, probation violations, sex offenses, theft, assault and dozens more. We are available for all federal and state charges. We are also able to help with the sealing and expungement of criminal records in Florida.
In addition to representing a vast range of clientele, members of our team have been selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers list and are AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. Our team members have also received the following accolades:
- Best Business for Criminal Defense Lawyers in Orlando – Three Best Rated
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – The Nation’s Top One Percent
- President of the Seminole County Bar Association Inc.
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- 10 Best Lawyers – two years Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Association of Justice
- Avvo Clients’ Choice – DUI
- “Superb” rating by Avvo
- Avvo 5 percent Attorney
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers Rising Stars list
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member – National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member – Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board member – Seminole County Bar Association Inc.
- Treasurer – Seminole County Bar Association Inc.
Mr. Cohen’s experience and track record of success is enhanced by his role as an adjunct legal professor at Kaplan University, where he teaches courses in business law and legal ethics.
Board Certified Attorney In Criminal Law
Attorneys at our law firm are board certified in criminal law by The Florida Bar, providing clients with experienced, tested representation. Of the more than 75,000 lawyers licensed to practice by The Florida Bar, only around 360 lawyers have been board certified in criminal trial law. To become certified, an attorney must have done all of the following:
- Practiced on a full-time basis for at least five years
- Handled a minimum of 25 criminal trials
- Been approved following a rigorous peer review by judges and other attorneys
- Completed at least 45 hours of continuing legal education
- Passed a written examination showcasing their proficiency in criminal law
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
Imagine negotiating with a boss when you have actually held your boss’s position or discussing pricing with a building contractor after you have worked as a building contractor. In both instances, you’d have an edge, because you’d have all the information the other side has.
When you hire an experienced attorney from The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen & Associates, you optimize your chance for a favorable outcome because our firm’s founder, Mr. Cohen, is a former prosecutor. Have you been accused of robbery, domestic violence, theft or another crime? Our attorneys have handled hundreds of criminal cases as a prosecutor, criminal defense attorney and public defender. We know precisely how prosecutors will likely work to prove your guilt, and we can begin to counter their tactics before they even get started preparing them.
Learn more about why you should hire us instead of a different Florida firm, or read a few testimonials and reviews.
Our Effectiveness Is Illustrated by Our Reputation
Media outlets can choose from thousands of lawyers when seeking interviews regarding high-profile crimes. Yet they keep choosing attorneys from our law firm. Mr. Cohen has been interviewed on television by:
- ABC News regarding the Florida Myspace teen beating case
- Inside Edition following a husband-wife shooting
- My Fox Orlando following a murder plot
Our Experience And Legal Knowledge Are Matched By Client Service
We know that availability, accessibility and communication inspire trust. We return calls to current and potential clients promptly and keep all clients up to date. When you hire a defense lawyer at The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen & Associates, you’ll never wonder if we’re working on your case. We are, and we’ll let you know how as each step in the legal process progresses.
Contact Us Today
The Orlando criminal defense law firm of The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen & Associates provides free initial consultations, is conveniently located in downtown Orlando across from Lake Eola and offers free parking. Additionally, we accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover, and we offer flexible payment plans. For a no-charge consultation, call 407-246-0066 or 888-390-8937.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.