The government is increasingly vigilant about protecting consumers who have been victimized by mortgage fraud. Prosecutors investigate mortgage scams and attempt to hold responsible individuals and businesses that take advantage of homebuyers and homeowners. Were you or your company charged with mortgage fraud for any of the following reasons?
- You posed as a mortgage company although you aren’t licensed as a mortgage broker.
- You assisted people who shouldn’t have qualified in getting mortgages by illegal actions such as paying part of their down payment out of pocket.
- You committed fraud of any kind in connection with a refinancing scheme.
The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen & Associates in Orlando, Florida, provides experienced mortgage fraud defense to individuals and businesses. Firm founder Corey Cohen, a former state prosecutor and former public defender, can represent you against federal charges such as real estate fraud, home loan fraud, loan officer fraud or bank fraud. Mr. Cohen is also a member of the federal Criminal Justice Act (CJA) panel for the Middle District of Florida. For a free consultation with an Orlando mortgage fraud lawyer, call 407-246-0066 or 888-390-8937, or contact us online.
Experienced White Collar Criminal Defense
We fight mortgage fraud by examining the evidence and police procedure. In addition, when it is in the best interests of our clients, we may negotiate plea bargains with prosecutors such as:
- Identifying other responsible parties in exchange for lesser charges
- Paying restitution in exchange for dismissal or reduction of charges
- Deferred sentencing — If you correct your errors and commit no further wrongdoing, your charges will be dropped after a period of time.
A knowledgeable and aggressive criminal defense attorney is a necessity when you or your business has been charged with mortgage fraud. Talk to an attorney as soon as possible, even if you are still just under investigation.